What's your favorite movie of all time?

What would you consider to be your favorite movie of all time? For me, it’s tough, because I have a lot of favorite movies, but the one that I always come back to, is Shaun of the Dead. It’s one of my favorite horror comedies as well. I also like Edgar Wright’s other films; Hot Fuzz, The World’s End, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, and so on. Other movies to follow Shaun of the Dead would be; Oldboy, The Dark Knight, Goodfellas, and more.

Discuss your favorite movie.

1 Like
  • Matrix is pretty high on my list,
  • Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels was great.
  • Godfather of course was amazing.
  • Gladiator
  • Devil’s Advocate
  • Back to the Future.
  • The Shawshank Redemption is very high on the list.

Older ones: "Lawrence of Arabia, 10 commandments.

Honorable mention. I used to be a big Star Wars fan but the last 10+ years of movies not to mention the prequels kind of killed it for me.

Yeah so I can’t pick one but that’s my list.

2 Likes

We Bare Bears: The Movie - Wikipedia is pretty good

totally no bias though

1 Like

I am a huge Star Trek Fan since i was a child. So i also like their movies but to be honest the best Movie for me is still Apokalypse Now.
Compared to what the returning soldiers (i grew up near an american army base in germany) told me about it (Vietnam), i realized watching this movie, that war was not glorious or fun.

1 Like

Lol, not biased in anyway! That looks cute though.

Epic

Mine would definitely be The Faculty… watched it at the drive in when it came out, still look for it on tv when I’m wanting to watch a good movie :slight_smile:

I’m much with @csgeek on his list, and also agree, it’s hard to pick just a few, as I’ve seen a lot of movies in my day and have quite a few favorites…

But, in an attempt to list a few, the Top-7 quick-pick are:

• The Matrix (the original, the sequels were kinda “meh” TBH)
  • LOTR Trilogy (and maybe also The Hobbit ones)
  • Gladiator (makes me cry every time I re-watch it)
  • Shawshank Redemption (classic, a must-watch!)
  • Most of “Star Wars” and “Star Trek” and spin-offs
  • 21 (really well done, and well acted IMHO)
  • Anything by Guy Ritchie (Lock-Stock, Snatch, RockNRolla, The Gentlemen. Absolutely love his films. “D’ya like daggz?” and “What’re ya waiting for? Zi Djermanz?” haha, epic! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

Also, “honorable mentions” go to (just to mention a few more decent Movies and Shows, just because they made movies out of good stories and whatnot)

• HHGTTG (The movie was not optimally done, but still worth a watch IMHO)
  • Legend of The Seeker (even though they deviated quite a bit from Terry Goodkind’s books)
  • Shannara Chronicles
  • The Orville
  • Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
  • Vampire Diaries
  • The Warrior (based on writings by Bruce Lee)
  • The Witcher
  • Mandalorian
  • Wu Assassins
  • Sense8

…and quite a few more, and I’m spacing out and forgetting tons, but yeah… that’s a short summary of what’s caught my interest so far.

…and I’m still waiting for someone to make a series/TV show based on Robert Jordan and/or David Eddings stories/books. That would rock and be totally awesome, if done well.

=)

1 Like

You talk about the story of two teenagers trapped in the world of illegal underground boxing. Right?

Fight club was also interesting.

Not favorites per say but they were part of the same rental trip and had similar themes to mind fu** ery.

• The Others – ghost story with surprising ending.
  • Vanilla Sky - been a while but same interesting challenges you a bit thought it seems critics didn’t like it.

Actually any movie that leaves you with open ended question is very cool to me. Rather than the over used formula of boy meets girl, saves girl lives happily after that seems so over done in hollywood. Not everything has to be neatly tied off at the end of the movie.

Nope, i was talking about “Gladiator” from 2000, with Russell Crowe and Joaquin Phoenix… about “The Spaniard”, in Roman Empire times…

Oh, that’s a good one Astro! If I’m not mistaken there should be a second movie down the line, focusing on his son. Matrix also a very good movie franchise that I like.

Well for me is also hard to pick an individual movie. I would say Alien movie franchise and Neil Blomkap’s flicks like District 9, Elysium and Chappie are amongst my favorites.

Honorable mentions:

• Dredd (the 2012 remake)
  • Gravity (with George Clooney, Sandra Bullock)

Gladiator was a pretty epic movie in my view. I loved that entire production. Special effects didn’t age too well as with most movies but the whole production was great. Story, character development, gore.

+1.

Not actually movies, but Band of Brothers and The Pacific. cause they should war in its disturbing grey morality.