Streamers Join our Community - Geek Beacon

((companion post to https://forum.geekbeacon.org/t/geek-beacon-streaming/ ))

If you haven't been visiting our discord you probably have missed this, but we're slowly getting a group of streamers that have been actively streaming on our community. We even hosted a few game nights (even some where I popped in for some pubg fun)

I couldn't include the full list, but if I missed you please feel free to add a comment to the forum. Also, check out our Geek Beacon Twitch Community and help us grow: https://www.twitch.tv/communities/geekbeacon

Streamers are in no particular order, but here are some of our shining beacon stars. :)

Eon

Games - User interaction - Chat - Casual - tutorials - check his info link for gobs more

LichLord91

Hello World! I'm a IT wizard by day and a streaker by night ... I'm mean streamer. Anywhoots, welcome to my Necropolis. Sit back , relax, and laugh with or at me. Don't mind either way. :) I work and do a bunch of other stuffs but this is a tentative line up.

• Mon-Fri 7pm to 11pm
  • Sat/Sun Anytime I feel like it.

Tacit

Come hang out with me as I play various games with friends while discussing topics like my controller, food, tech and watches. My schedule has been hectic recently so click follow in order to get notified when I go live.

Currently streaming:

• Rainbow Six Siege (Main game)
  • Assassin's Creed Origins
  • Life is Strange
  • For Honor
  • Quake Champions
  • Starcraft 2

Grim

I'm Gary Kramlich the maintainer / lead developer of Pidgin and all-around FOSS Developer.

I've been working on Free and Open Source Software for nearly 15 years and now I've decided to make it more open by streaming it!

I only use Linux. This is both a personal and ethical decision. I stopped using Windows shortly before I really got involved with Free and Open Source Software and have no intention of ever running Windows on any of my own hardware ever again.

You can follow my work on Bitbucket and my contributions to other projects on Github.

Occasionally I do stream my Nintendo Switch. My Friend code is SW-4983-9802-2984

Seekaplayer

I don't just stream games I also stream the following.

• Coding
  • Web Design
  • Web Development
  • Graphic Design

RuleSlayer

The name is Cameron and I'm just your regular 19yo gamer guy. I'm from Australia and live in Melbourne with my girlfriend (Slayerinn, you might spot her lurking around and sometimes joining) and our two reptile pets.

I mostly play FPS, by myself, friends or with the chat!

Does Linux gaming, talks about Linux software, makes memes and other funny stuff.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.geekbeacon.org/announcements/streamers-join-our-community/
5 Likes

Aaron here, 21 y/o streamer having some fun, hailing from Cape Town, South Africa and yapping along with my dogs. I play Counter Strike and Warframe mostly, occasionally dabbling in osu, Rocket League or Overwatch. No schedule (yet) so I’m a bit random c:

Im 23 yr old. My channel is real chill. i play pretty much anything that pick my interest. i do alot of F4F. I raid small streamer to make their day or night. Loving help the underdogs. Right i stream CSGO League Of Legends. Borderlands 2 Stardew Valley. I have a couple game i would like to stream but i cant just yet but those games are Rainbow Six Siege, Gta 5. Hopefully here soon ill have a better rig. Stop by follow and ill follow back.

Hey everybody! My name is Seekaplayer and I’m a Variety Streamer. I stream all kinds of Games from League of Legends, Rocket League, Guild Wars 2 and so many more. At this time I’m a Twitch Affiliate and I’m working my way to Partner. Please feel free to give me a follow so you know when I’m going LIVE Twitch

1 Like

Howdy! I’m *Kim. I’m a bit of a Jill of all trades, and I tend to dabble wherever my interests take me. I’ve been taking things apart since I was little, got into Linux about 16 years ago in my early teens (started with Slackware, settled in on NixOS), and have a number of projects I like to tinker on.

I mostly just stream things I’m currently working on, which varies, but usually has an open-source component, and occasionally games I play.

You can catch my streams on Twitch. Links to GitLab, where the source and CAD files for my projects are typically uploaded to, among other things, are over on https://zick.kim

1 Like

Yay! Glad you’re here @rummik - welcome (:slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, well… I’m dabbling with Twitch/OBS/etc to try my hand at live-streaming, will be messing with it some more in the days to come.

Feel free to check in, come say hi, etc. :blush: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Will mostly be chatting, music, different topics of conversation as I can’t do much gaming right now due to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome flare-ups, but if I game it’s mostly “StarCraft 2” or “Diablo 3”.
Might check out some other games further on, when health and finances allow, looking at “GTA-V” and “Star Citizen”, for starters.
:thinking:

Feel free to drop in! (Haven’t really set a schedule yet):

Twitch

Also, if you’re so inclined, go check out my YouTube feed for a 90-day-fitness-exercise-diet Challenge I’m undertaking, initiated by Jessica McCabe (@HowtoADHD).
I’ll be VLOG:ing about that semi-daily, mainly to track my progress and for some extra accountability. :blush:

https://youtube.com/user/TheAstroChild/

Will totally appreciate any support, and I might even (as soon as finances allow) start a gift-giving / win-a-prize thingie as well. :innocent:

1 Like

That’s pretty cool. I’ve been thinking about trying to stream myself, but not sure my anxiety will handle it. But I suppose I won’t know until I just force myself to do it. :smiley:

I’ll give you a follow on Twitch.

3 Likes

You got this friend!

1 Like

Ok i will do that. thx @Nixie