CentOS Streams Webinar

In early December (probably the 9th, but idk for sure), I am going to be giving a webinar on CentOS Streams. It seems a strange topic to me for an entire webinar, but this is what the marketing team has decided.

There isn’t a lot of collaboration to be had. Maybe this is the wrong place on the forum for this, but there are two places where I am interested in “audience participation”. First, of course, is you can attend and ask questions. I suspect you will have to give up an email address in order to attend.

Second, and more specifically, what do people want to know about CentOS Streams? This would seem to pretty much cover it:
“Rolling-release distro that tracks just ahead of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) development, positioned as a midstream between Fedora Linux and RHEL. For anyone interested in participating and collaborating in the RHEL ecosystem, CentOS Stream is your reliable platform for innovation.”

But I need to fill 30 minutes. I think I’ll obviously talk a bit about Fedora. I will demo setting up streams (wow, is it easy!).

But yeah, it would be really helpful if you have questions I can include. I can obviously attempt to answer the questions here as well.

Thanks!

I don’t mind sharing the event but what exactly are you look for from the GB community? If it’s just sharing a “Hey i’m doing this thing” it’s a bit Off Topic.

1 Like

Apologies if I buried the lead, but this is the question:

Maybe the answer is nothing. That’s fine. I just figured I should try to answer the questions people actually want answered. There is the obvious “What is CentOS Streams?”, but I can’t get 30 minutes out of that. There’s the “How to install CentOS Streams?” which again, I plan to cover, but we still aren’t at 30 minutes.

I’m assuming you’re employed by CentOS and doing a knowledge share of some kind?

I moved this to OSAlt category as it seems more relevant.

Here’s my personal thoughts.

• I think it would be interesting to clarify CentOS relationship with redhat.
  • CentOS approach to security vs usability (My gripe with CentOS/RHEL was that it always seems very out of date compared to most of the major Linux )
  • The Scientific Linux vs CentOS vs RHEL.
  • CentOS is geared towards security, Fedora is more for a end user experience. What audience is Centos Streams trying to appeal to?

If you like we can get some community questions and if anyone wants to contribute and you can cherry pick from the list?