How many monitors do you use?

Currently I have two monitors, and would like to one day get a third, because ya can never have enough monitors lol.

Anyway, how many monitors do you have setup currently? What’s the max you would ever have with one PC? I don’t think I could fit more than 3, which I think would be more than enough for me.

I have a Laptop with 1 external monitor set up at home but I do not use it anymore. I mean I only plug it in when we’re watching anime with the gang lately, but other than that I stick to the Laptop’s monitor.

Three would be a bit of an overkill for me. At work we all have at least 1 external monitor. Those who work in the graphics department or need to design web interfaces have 2 big screens. This is my work station:

work got me a pretty ridiculous display that is sadly just collecting dust. I have a 27" LCD that works out great for me. It’s basically about the same screen real-estate as 2x 21" in or so displays.

I used to have 2x 21" screens in the past with one of them flipped 90 degrees so I can look at code and see everything. I’ve never gone beyond 2 displays and even when I have the laptop connected I usually close the laptop lid and use the main LCD.

That being said, it’s a personal choice… So use whatever makes sense as long as it makes your life easier.

Yeah, two monitors is probably enough for me currently, but down the road I would like to get a third. I mainly want it so I can maybe game on one monitor, have work open on another and maybe have YouTube or music on another monitor.

But, I’m probably getting way ahead of myself, as I don’t even have the room for a third monitor. I’d have to get a stand our mount if so.

Currently use two monitors, however 3 would be ideal.

One with the display ratio of 1920/1080 and another at 1440/900

Used to have those rotating screens in my previous job in helpdesk; they were funny but we used them in horizontal orientation. Most of us kept the laptop lid open to have an extra screen to have Outlook always on top, or a VNC connection to the monitor with incoming calls; and on the big monitor you would carry out the remote assistance work. Actually in helpdesk all of us had 2 externals plugged in! You need all the screen space you can get, for multi-tasking. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have an older 32 inch Sony Bravia HDTV that’s no longer being used, I wonder if that would make for a good 3rd monitor? :grin: I would have to wall mount it though. I’d probably only use it for watching videos and maybe hook another console to it or something.